Join members of the Centre for Material Digital Culture and friends in a discussion framed by the post-digital.
Three parts of departure guide this framing: 1) Life After New Media by Sarah Kember and Joanna Zylinska; 2) the turn to digital materiality in its different forms for example in the collection: Media Technologies: Essays on Communication, Materiality and Society; and 3) the essay What is post-digital? by Florian Cramer and discussions around this [for example in the recent empyre debates: https://email@example.com discussions, and various post-digital publications and events].
In the shadow of the ‘after’ we invite discussion and response as well as marking the end of the academic session and new projects and directions for the centre.
The Post-Digital: Critical Responses, June 11th Creativity Zone, University of Sussex Programme
- 1-2.15 – Florian Cramer + discussant Sharif Mowlabocus
- 2.30-3.15-Panel 1–Feminism and technology after the digital (FemTechNet), Caroline Bassett, Sarah Kember, Kate O’Riordan
- 3.45-4.30- Panel 2-Weird Commodities-art and theory for a post digital economy. David Garcia in conversation with Sally Jane Norman and Florian Cramer
- 4.35-5.50- Panel 3-Creative and critical responses to the post-digital: Cécile Chevalier with Mick Feltham, Nanette Hoogslag, Micheál O’Connell / Mocksim, Fernando Sobron,
- 5.50pm-7pm Reception and SusNet launch, Michael Bull and Aristea Fotopoulou